- The first participants of the training course "Electronic Citizen" were successfully tested.
- URIIT got the license the Russian Ministry for General Professional Education for carrying out postgraduate education in specialty 05.13.18 "Mathematical Modeling, Numerical Methods and Program Systems".
- The Institute was awarded a gold medal "For Achievements in Scientific and Technical Creativity" at the II International Exhibition and Congress "Advanced Technologies of the XXI century".
- Specialists of the Institute held the thousandth telemedicine consultation.
- URIIT was declared the winner in "Science and Environment" nomination at the regional contest "Business Leader of Ugra - 2008" and was awarded the first place diploma and a "Golden Mercury" statuette.
About Ugra Research Institute of Information Technologies
Autonomous institution of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug-Yugra "Yugorsky research Institute of information technologies" was established by order of the government of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug – Yugra on October 2, 2008 N418-RP.
For 15 years the specialists of the Institute have been dealing with applied research in the field of information technology. Developments are conducted in several areas: information-space and GIS technologies; information security; creation of information and telecommunication systems, and educational activities.
History of the Institute
- The Center of Education Informatization was established at the Institute.
- The Institute realized the system of distance education for the regional telemedicine system of Ugra in Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug for the first time.
- Certification Center of Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug was opened on the premises of URIIT.
- URIIT developed its own software system for satellite monitoring of vehicles «Global Track» using the latest advances in satellite, information and communication technologies.
- Director Gennady Erokhin became a member Scientific Coordination Council under the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
- URIIT cooperated with General Electric Healthcare Technologies (USA) and Rabin Medical Centre (Israel) on the creation of infrastructure and communication nerwork in the field of public health on the territory of Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug.
- The Institute created the up-to-date technology of hydrocarbon deposits development.
- Information system of remote telemedicine consultations was put into operation.