- Certification Center of Khanty-Mansiisk Autonomous Okrug (Ugra) joined the Association of Electronic Trading Platforms.
- A system of professional standards in the field of using space activity results was formed with the participation of URIIT.
- Center for Computer Competence was established on the premises of URIIT. Its main task is to prevent extremist and terrorist activity on the Internet.
- Director of URIIT Alexander Zykov was awarded the medal "For Cooperation in the Name of Rescue".
Autonomous institution of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug-Yugra "Yugorsky research Institute of information technologies" was established by order of the government of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug – Yugra on October 2, 2008 N418-RP.
For 15 years the specialists of the Institute have been dealing with applied research in the field of information technology. Developments are conducted in several areas: information-space and GIS technologies; information security; creation of information and telecommunication systems, and educational activities.
History of the Institute
- A new web site "Physics for pupils" was created.
- Decree of the Ugra Government appointed Alexander Zykov to the position of the institute director.
- The External Department "Geo-information Systems and Databases" for training students was created in cooperation with Ugra State University.
- The All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference "Geo-Information Technologies in Addressing Rational Nature Management Tasks" was organized and successfully held.
- Center for Space Services of Khanty-Mansiisk Autonomous Okrug was established on the premises of URIIT.
- URIIT became a member of the Coordination and Methodological Council of Licensee-Organizations under FSTEC of Russia and FSB of Russia, located within the Ural Federal District, carrying out activities in the field of information security.
- Certification Center of Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug was accredited and added into the system of certification centers of government authorities.
- URIIT received the license the Regional Office of Russian Federation Security Service in the Tyumen region for performing a set of works on creating confidential information protection systems.