- By the decision of the Government of Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra, Andrey Melnikov was assigned as the Institute director
- Project of the Institute “Automated Information system for search and analysis of information in the Internet” was acknowledged as the best in nomination “IT for safety provision” of all-Russain contest “PROF-IT 2017”
- During the IX International IT Forum with BRICS and SCO participation the Institute signed the Memorandum of understanding with Indian Center for Development and Advanced Computing
- Center of Development of Applied Software made a mobile application for emergent situations called “112 Ugra”
Autonomous institution of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug-Yugra "Yugorsky research Institute of information technologies" was established by order of the government of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug – Yugra on October 2, 2008 N418-RP.
For 15 years the specialists of the Institute have been dealing with applied research in the field of information technology. Developments are conducted in several areas: information-space and GIS technologies; information security; creation of information and telecommunication systems, and educational activities.
History of the Institute
- Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Russian Federation approved a professional standard “Specialist on application of geoinfprmation systems and technologies for solving the tasks of State and Municipal level” . The standard was developed with participation and support of Ugra Research Institute of Information Technologies
- The Institute programmer Kilrill Glukhov won the contest of “Engineer of a Year -2015” held by Russian Union of scientific and engineering associations
- The Institute technically supported to the historic and geographic expedition of “The Great Northern Way - 2016”
- URIIT won the grant the Russian Foundation for Basic Research on carrying out the Second All-Russian Scientific-Practical Conference "Geo-information Technologies in Addressing of Rational Nature Management Tasks"
- URIIT became the official partner of the Arctic Car expedition "Arctic attraction - Taimyr ring." URIIT provided technical support and supplied the participants with the equipment for satellite tracking of the expedition location and movement.
- URIIT Center for Computer Competence developed software designed to search for information resources containing materials or propaganda of extremist and terrorist activities and their distribution on the Internet.
- URIIT Director became a member the Trustees Board of Ugra State University.
- The work of young scientists in Ugra Research Institute of Information Technologies was honored with the third degree diploma the All-Russian Youth Scientific and Practical Conference "The VostochnyCosmodromeand Prospects for Russian Cosmonautics Development", held by the Federal Space Agency.
- URIIT became a member of the VII International IT-Forum with the BRICS and the SCO countries.